"You are the honor of Kerman, Iran and the world", Kerman Governor General said to Paralympic athletes and medalists.
Alireza Razm-Hosseini, Kerman Governor General, who has traveled to Tehran to say welcome to Paralympic medalists and athletes in Tehran's Mehrabad Airport, applauded these athletes by presenting wreaths to them, Kerman Province State Government Public Relations Department reported.
"A great celebration is supposed to be held next week to appreciate your considerable efforts", Alireza Razm-Hosseini added.
He also said that you must consider that thoughtful planning for future competitions, either for the next Paralympic Games or for other world arenas, is essential.
Pointing to the Resistive Economy strategy and recruiting 12 national economic institutes belonged to Islamic Azad University, Razavi Astan Qods, Khatam-al Anbiya Construction Headquarter, etc., he stated hopes to see fundamental developments in Kerman Province sports field.
Stressing the continuity of championships through a long-term planning and hard practicing, he said, "I wish the best for you in all stages of your life."
Also, stressing the gifts considered for these athletes, Razm-Husseini said that Gold Medalists, Silver Medalists and Bronze Medalists will be presented with 50 gold coins, an apartment and job; 40 gold coins, an apartment and job; and 30 gold coins, an apartment and job, respectively.
According to the Kerman Province State Government Public Relations Department, athletes dispatched from Kerman Province to RIO 2016 Paralympic Games are as follows:
- Zahra Nemati, winner of individual gold and Team & Mix silver medals;
- Peyman Nasiri, winner of bronze medal at the men's 1500m T20;
- Eshrat Kordestani, flag bearer of Iran in Paralympic Games and member of Iran's national sitting volleyball team;
- Somayeh Abbaspur, fourth rank of archery competitions;
- Maryam Iranmanesh, coach of Iran's national sitting volleyball team;
- Batul Khalilzadeh Farsangi, member of Iran's national sitting volleyball team;
- Iman Farahbakhsh, coach of Iran's five-member volleyball team and winner of the second rank in Rio's games;
- Muhammad Reza Mahani-nasab: Winner of silver medal in Football 5-a-side;
- Sadegh Rahimi, Winner of silver medal in Football 5-a-side;
- Sajjad Moradi, champion of Asia's middle distance run.
It is worthy to say that Kerman Province with most participants in Rio Paralympic Games succeeded to win most medals for Iran.
Islamic Republic of Iran finished 15th in the Rio Paralympic Games with total 24 medals including 8 gold medals, 9 silver medals and 7 bronze medals.